The Twinkling Stars always fascinated the kids. The mesmerizing view of the sky at night always ignites young minds. Getting the best Telescopes for kids is like giving them magic wands that truly bring the mysterious stars and planets alive and closer to them. Smartphones and video games have manipulated the young minds of today. Telescopes can certainly transform their young minds into a meaningful and interesting path.
The telescopes are always a great and useful gift or present. As a parent, guardian, elder sibling or a well-wisher, you can give it to the younger minds. Therefore, It is a great way to form a lifelong enriching hobby. A small gesture or gift to the child can change the course of his or her future. Exploring the universe for planets and stars can be a fascinating experience for children.
There is a Big problem or dilemma that the kids and adults face. Although they make up their minds to buy the best telescope for kids, still they can’t decide which telescope to buy? Which is the best telescope in the budget? Or which is the best telescope for beginners? Hence here we have made it easy for you. so that you can have the best.
We have researched and compared the pros and cons of 100s of telescopes. We made a list of 5 best telescopes for kids. These telescopes are best for the starting level. They are easy to assemble, mount and carry. They are the best telescopes for the kids:
1. Lunt Solar Telescope Portable Travel Personal Solar Telescope:50MM
- This piece of absolute beauty is the “best solar telescopes on the planet”. For beginners especially the children this is the absolute correct choice to begin their astronomical journey. The LS50 is the perfect choice for kids. It is lightweight which a great feature is for kids. We can carry it easily. With too with little or no effort, we can carry it because of its lightweight and easy handing.
- As the name suggests this is a telescope for mainly observing the sun. It is certified for safety. It is harmless for children and they can easily watch the marvels of the sun. Moreover, the company guarantees safety which is a great relief for the parents and guardians of the children.
- The LS50 has been a regularly featured product in many renowned astronomical magazines like sky & telescope magazine. It has been always stated as the best entry-level solar telescope internationally.
- It is exclusively manufactured in the US so that there is no compromise on the quality. As the parts and filters are made and assembled at the same place. There is zero chance of error and defect.
- This comes with a guarantee of whooping 5 years.
- It includes 50mm Personal Solar Telescope, a helicar focuser, a B400 solar Blocking filter, 12mm lunt solar eyepiece all this packed in an amazing aluminum case.
So why the wait,? Gift your child his first-ever telescope and make his first solar exploring experience his life long memory and love.
2. Gskyer Telescope (600x90mm) AZ Astronomical Refractor Telescope, German Technology Scope
This is perfect for a curious child. This amazing telescope is all equipped to dazzle the young minds. It is really easy to setup. The multiple lenses give it great versatility. A great medium to look at the mars and the planets like Jupiter and Saturn. The Gskyer has 20 plus years of experience in the field of telescopes. It uses advanced German technology. It caters to every age group that is interested in telescopes. The points that make this telescopes to our best telescopes for kids list is as under:
- High Quality of Optics: It has a fully coated optics lens with high transmission coatings that creates stunning images and protects your child’s eyes. It has a focal length of 600mm(f/6.7) and a 90mm aperture.
- High Magnification: Come with three replaceable eyepieces(24X, 60X,120X) and one 3x Barlow lens. 3x Barlow lens trebles the magnifying power of each eyepiece.
- Adjustable Tripod: This telescope allows for many different viewing positions with an adjustable aluminum tripod. The height of the aluminum tripod can be adjusted from about 31.5-inch to 49-inch.
- Easy to Operate: No tools are required for reflecting telescope even for the novice, quick and easy to focus.
- What You Get: AZ90600 telescope with 3 eyepieces, our 12-month worry-free warranty, and friendly customer service.
3. ToyerBee Telescope 76mm Aperture 700MM:
This amazing telescope contains 3 Eyepieces H20mm, H12.5mm, and H4mm. Along with Tripod, finder Scope and Moon Mirror. It also has 70X-350X Magnification with the 3 eyepieces and 2X Barlow lens, ToyerBee Reflector Telescope could offer a magnification of 70X to 350X which is amazing for the kids. ToyerBee reflector telescope was designed to provide views of the moon’s craters, Jupiter’s major moons, and Saturn’s rings. As a terrestrial telescope, the reflector telescope delivers great views of mountains, valleys, and many other features of the world around. Which makes it the best telescope for kids.
The different points that make this telescope ideal for the kids are as under:
High Magnification. ToyerBee telescope is equipped with three eyepieces (H20mm, H12.5mm, and H4mm) and a 2X Barlow lens. The Barlow lens doubles the magnification of each eyepiece. Kids can get a magnification of 35X to 350X. Whether it’s watching stars and moons at night or observing planets, ToyerBee telescope is the best helper for kids & astronomy beginners.
Quick to find the view. Focal length 700mm with a finder scope helps you to locate the object quickly. A solid and adjustable tripod that can be used on most surfaces can stabilize the telescope when you focus. Whether you want to see the moon in the distance or the trees across the road, the telescope can help you quickly target.
Large aperture. 76mm aperture provides more lights and clearer images, even beginners can get clear images. The bigger the aperture, the bigger the field of vision, and the clearer the image. Imagine that the moon at night is as clear and bright as the scenery during the day.
Easy to assemble and dismount. The company provides a full set of paper and video Installation Guidelines. Don’t worry about any installation problems. Even for first-time users, children can install it themselves without any tools.
Satisfaction Warranty. A 3-year guarantee is offered by ToyerBee. Please feel free to contact them if you have any questions about our telescope and service.
The focal length of the eyepiece, combined with the focal length of the telescope, determines the magnification power. To calculate the power of your telescope with any particular eyepiece, simply divide the focal length of the telescope (700mm) by the focal length of the eyepiece (indicated in “mm” on the eyepiece collar). For example, when you use the eyepiece H20mm with this telescope, the magnification will be 35X, and with a 2X Barlow lens, the magnification will be 70X.
Easy to install
The installation of the telescope is very simple. As long as you follow the instructions, you can install all the accessories in ten minutes. No extra tools are needed. You can explore the universe at any time.
- Type: Refractor
- Objective Lens: 76mm
- Focal Length: 700mm
- Eyepiece: H20mm: 35X ; H12.5mm: 56X ; H4mm: 175X
- Accessories: 1.5X Erecting eyepiece, 2X Barlow lens, Finderscope Mounting Bracket
- Aluminum Tripod, Manual
- Magnification power: 70X – 350X
4. Zhumell Z114 Portable Altazimuth Reflector Telescope
Zhumell’s innovative Z Series Dobsonian telescopes have taken the world of amateur astronomy by storm. Now, you can get Zhumell’s unmatched quality and value in a portable tabletop Dobsonian with the compact Z114. It’s the perfect way to get started as a kid with astronomy or add a grab-and-go scope to your collection. The Zhumell Z114 Portable Reflector Telescope features a 114mm parabolic primary mirror, a high-end feature not usually found in telescopes of this size.
The parabolic mirror removes visual defects like spherical aberration, providing noticeably sharper views. The primary mirror and all other optical surfaces are coated with Zhumell’s high-reflectivity coatings. You can count on more than 90 percent light transmission, for brighter views of even dim objects like nebulae. Thanks to its industry-leading optical components, the Z114 outperforms other tabletop telescopes of a similar size for a difference you can see and appreciate under the night sky.
With the Z114, Zhumell has put your money where it belongs: into the telescope’s optical system. The Z114’s mechanical design is simple and streamlined. Durable, sturdy construction means your Zhumell will stand up to years of use and travel. Thanks to its compact size and weight, you can confidently pack it along for camping trips, vacations, and more. When you arrive at your observing site, the telescope comes together in seconds. Once you’re set-up, swing the scope on its lazy susan-style mount toward your desired object.
Center your target in the Red Dot Finderscope, you’re ready to view it through the eyepiece. Then, make small adjustments to smoothly track objects as they drift across the sky. Whether you’re an experienced amateur astronomer or a brand new stargazer, the Zhumell Z100 brings you the night sky on your terms. This convenient, portable telescope is always at the ready to deliver impressive, detailed images, from a quick peek at the sky in your backyard to a marathon night of stargazing.
The features and benefits of this amazing telescope for kids are:
- 1.25” Focuser: Industry standard 1.25” focuser, compatible with many different accessories.
- Red Dot Finder: Easy to use red dot finder makes aiming the Z114 a breeze for any level of user.
- Dobsonian Base: The Dobsonian style base allows for smooth motions and easy tracking.
5. SOLOMARK Telescope 60mm AZ Refractor Telescope with 10mm Smartphone Digiscoping Adapter:
Most European and American families have astronomical telescopes. The number of people who purchase astronomical telescopes to satisfy their children’s curiosity has increased year by year, taking children to feel the vast stars. A small step in astronomical exploration, a big step in human progress. Exploring the mysteries of the universe – a stable and sophisticated equatorial mount with a two-axis scale for easy adjustment. It is a great tool for family education. Our Telescope is a compact and universal telescope with bright image quality and high magnification power. Very suitable for beginners to explore the vast sky, like the moon, the planet, star clusters and fog and so on. At the same time, you can watch endless landscapes, mountains, rivers, flowers and birds, animals. Stay away from computer games. The points that make this marvelous telescope different from other are:
- The 60mm aperture 700mm focal length telescope has always been a hot commodity. No matter whether you are watching landscape or watching astronomy, you can achieve the desired result by choosing different multiples.
- Ideal tools for observation on land and astronomical sky viewing in science and travel for beginners, kids, stargazers, travelers, and students or those interested in learning more about the night sky. Great holiday or birthday gift for those who love science and astronomy.
- Multilayer Glass Green coated optics for enhanced image brightness, protect your eyes. An entry-level refractive astronomical telescope with 60mm aperture and 700mm focal length/5.7 focal ratio.
- A fully coated optical lens with high transmission coatings creates clear, crisp images with increased brightness and clarity. A preassembled adjustable aluminum full-size photographic tripod ensures a stable platform.
- Package includes complete accessories: 1.A 45-degree correct-image prism, 2. A 20mm eyepiece 3. A 9mm eyepiece, 4. A 3X Barlow lens. They enable you to 4 kinds of different magnifications.
- It comes with A 1.25 inch 10mm Smartphone Eyepiece Adapter. You can capture the beauty of what you observe by video and images. Share it with your family and friends.
This telescope is also very apt for the kids and the family as this telescope can be easy:
Placed at your home: Placed at your home – It can make your home more tasteful, and you can share the beautiful scenery and charm of the stars with your family and friends.
Carry a telescope to outdoors: Carry a telescope to outdoors – Enjoy the outdoor scenery and breathe the fresh air. It can help you relax and stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Camping with a telescope: Camping with a telescope – You can go camping with your family or friends and explore the mysteries of the stars. It also can enjoy parent-child fun.